Monday, May 2, 2011

Mamaw: A True Lady

We lost a wonderful woman last week. Mamaw, Mark's grandmother, passed away after a long battle with cancer. Although we know she is now in heaven with Papaw, it doesn't make it any easier to know we have lost what I would call, a true lady. Although she wasn't my official grandmother, she took that role in my life as soon as I met Mark. She was kind, welcoming, warm, and caring. She instantly made me feel part of the family and was always happy I came to a family event at her house. I loved getting a hug from her and loved when she called me "honey" when she said goodbye. I loved Mamaw for many reasons, but I fell in love with her banana pudding the first time I tasted it (as well as loving Mark's mom's banana pudding!). She knew I loved it so much that she made a special batch for our rehearsal dinner party which meant the world to me!
I spent some time with Mamaw as she became sicker and sicker and always loved to here her stories of Mark as a baby and about her abundant love for her husband. She also had great stories about making and decorating cakes along with crazy tales of family hunting/camping trips. Although Mamaw is now gone, I am left with her wonderful memory, constant love, and the aspiration of trying to become half the wife, mother, woman, friend, sister, and lady Mamaw was to so many people. I will miss Mamaw tremendously.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan,
    Thank you for loving mom as a real granddaughter. She thought you were perfect for Mark!
    Clint

    ReplyDelete