Mark and I had a great two days of celebrating Valentine's Day! Since he was going to be gone on Monday, we celebrated Saturday and Sunday night. Two celebrations are always better than one, right?
Mark had to work on Saturday so I wanted to have a yummy Valentine's themed dinner waiting for him when he got home. We had salad, garlic bread, and these adorable heart-shaped ravioli (after I added the red sauce though I thought it could represent a morbid and sad bleeding heart, but whatever).

And for dessert, a heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie pie (picture was uncooked) with vanilla ice cream.

While I was cooking and baking this meal, the dogs enjoyed some Valentine time too.
Bandera chose to lay outside and enjoy a nap in the sun.

Dixie got a
Frostie Paw in the kitchen (they are too big for
Bandera and make her sick). She loved it!

Mark told me he would take me out for dinner Sunday night but after he spent all day cleaning out the garage and I spent all day doing laundry, grocery shopping, and helping him with the garage, we were both exhausted. We decided on take out and a movie. I love nothing more than Taco Cabana's
queso and tortillas so Mark and I feasted on that while enjoying a
Redbox movie. I am a pretty cheap date (and always have been...second favorite cheap date is a hot dog from Costco)!
On the real Valentine's Day I got a gift at work from my secret admirer. After a little thinking and handwriting decoding, I figured out it was from my sweet mom! She drove to my work to drop off this little gift. She is wonderful to me!

We had a nice Valentine's Days celebration. Nothing like a day of love to remind me of how lucky I am to be married to such a great guy and to have a great Mom too!
No comments:
Post a Comment