Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Amazing Dog Paintings

For Valentine's Day, I gave Mark paintings of our dogs! They turned out better than I ever expected (excuse the shadow on the paintings, I took them when the sun was shining through the kitchen window!).
Lindsey Moffitt is the artist. She is a friend of my cousin and is starting a Etsy shop painting dog portraits. When I heard she was doing this, I had to get some of our sweet pups! Lindsey was amazing to work with. I just e-mailed her a bunch of pictures of the dogs so she could get an idea of coloring, facial expression, and body positioning and she ran with it!

I know I am crazy about our dogs but I was SOOO excited when I saw how well the paintings turned out! Mark loved them too. I can't wait to hang them in our house and enjoy them for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. I can almost hear Bandera barking at Dixie, when I look at those pictures.

    ReplyDelete