Monday, January 24, 2011

31st Birthday Fun

I had a nice 31st birthday. Mark took me out to dinner at Silverfox in Frisco which is by far the best steak house I have ever eaten at. Their apple martinis are to die for as well! He gave me my first gift which was a weekend get-a-way in this awesome cabin in Oklahoma. Best of all, Doug, Becky and Charlotte are coming with us! It looks like a lot of fun will be had in March when we go! My second gift is coming a little later, he said.

My birthday day was filled with firsts for me. I went to my first yoga class with Sarah Jane. It was held at Northpark as part of lululemon's advertisement. Although I did not purchase a pair of hundred dollar yoga pants, I did enjoy the class. It was really hard and totally different from what I expected yoga to be. It was quite obvious that Sarah Jane and I were newbies but we had fun regardless of how stupid and unbalanced we were!

After returning home from that adventure, I went to G'Nosh with Becky. I have heard great things about this place but had never been...until a Groupon appeared and I bought it! It is a place where they teach you how to paint a picture. I knew Becky's would turn out awesome because she is a true artist but I was a little concerned about mine. But, with the help of the instructor and her "for the type A's in the crowd" instructions, I was happy with my bluebird!

I decided I will hang it in my laundry room as a little reminder that I can be successful at arts and crafts!
Lastly, Becky and I made Valentine's Day wreaths. She saw this idea and felt inspired so with a little guidance, I was able to make a really cute, sassy Valentine's Day wreath for our front door. Mark even said he thought it was cute which is the biggest compliment ever!The best part of any birthday, I think, is getting phone calls (and now Facebook messages) from friends and family. It made my heart so happy to hear from so many people. My three favorites were the "Happy Birthday" song with the "you look like a monkey..." part from Mark's nephew, talking to Charlotte while she told me she was helping make cupcakes for my birthday, and hearing Steve sing a lovely version of the birthday song on my voicemail. Thank you to everyone - you made me feel very cared for on my special day!!!

We are celebrating with friends this coming weekend since everyone was out of town my birthday weekend. I am looking forward to a little fun with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment