Monday, January 24, 2011

Nashville Trip

I took a trip to Nashville last weekend to see one of my best friends from college. Jodi had her 2nd baby, Sutton, and I had to meet him! We spent time at home talking and watching the kids. Life with two children is very different than my life without children!

Jodi and Chad were nice enough to go and get my favorite cupcakes that are only made on Fridays...princess cupcakes! Jodi and I were looking forward to eating these all day long. We decided to indulge after we got our PJs on. They were out of this world, as always!
We had to explain to Sophie just how wonderful they were. Jodi was kind enough to share a few bites with her. One day she will love them as much as we do and be big enough to get her own cupcake!Jodi also made me Caribbean pancakes for me (another favorite food of mine!) and we ate black bean salads from Calypso. Can you tell our favorite thing to do is talk with one another and eat?!?!?

I also got to spend a day with a dear teaching friend of mine, Megan. I met her for breakfast at the Loveless Cafe where we ate and enjoyed time with her sister and her fiance. Then we went to see "Black Swan" and grabbed some Starbucks afterwards. It is always great to catch up with Megan.It was a busy and eventful trip (complete with Jodi's 2 year old locking herself in their bedroom for 2 hours). I was happy to return to peace and quiet and my two furry kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment