Monday, September 21, 2009

The Dog Motel


We took care of Stetson this weekend while Anthony and Sarah Jane headed to Austin to enjoy the Texas game. Dixie was so excited to have her friend spend 2 days and nights with her. Stetson was such a good sport. He let her jump on him, drink water with him, and follow him everywhere he went. I think he looked forward to the time we left the house and Dixie went in her kennel!
Dixie was quite embarrassed though when she had to go in her kennel and when she got in trouble in front of Stetson. She ran and hid in the corner when we told her to "kennel" which she never does. Usually, she hops right in without a treat. It was pretty funny. As hard as the dogs played together, they also napped pretty hard too. Stetson would have preferred to nap alone, but Dixie wanted to snuggle up with him.









There was lots of paw-wiping and water bowl filling but it was nice to have two dogs. There was lots more sweeping and mopping though than I am used to! Here is a picture of Dixie happily sitting in the mud hole she dug while I mopped. It was not the site I really wanted to see after just putting the mop away. She was pretty pleased with herself.

I know Dixie will be very sad (and so will I) to see Stetson return home today (he got to stay an extra night with us so Anthony and Sarah Jane could go to the Cowboys game). Mark, Dixie and I love you, Stetson!

No comments:

Post a Comment