Friday, July 10th, my Aunt Celeste and cousin Alice were generous enough to host a bridesmaid luncheon for me, the mothers, grandmothers, and of course, the bridesmaids. They served delicious finger sandwiches and soup shots (which Ashley was afraid had alcohol in them and she needed to go back to work....they didn't). I was able to give most of the bridesmaids their gifts at the shower. I think they were a hit!
Later that afternoon, we had the rehearsal at Prestonwood followed by the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's. The church rehearsal went very smoothly for the coordinator was organized and wonderful. I never realized how much organization needs to go in to planning an error-free ceremony. At dinner, Mark's mom and dad put together a wonderful video for us with all our baby pictures and current pictures. It was such a lovely gift, especially the music that went in the background. I also got a surprise gift of banana pudding from both Mark's mom and Mamaw so I was beyond excited!!! I ate a hearty portion though would have indulged in more but couldn't knowing a wedding dress was in store for the next day. Our bridesmaids and groomsman also made very touching, heartfelt speeches which meant the world to both me and Mark.
After the rehearsal dinner, we had a little party for our friends at our home. It was wonderful to see everyone and get to talk at least a little bit before the big day. It was great to see all my Vanderbilt friends again! Although Mark and his groomsman remained awake until the wee hours of the morning, I left after midnight to try to get some beauty rest before the big day. Wish I could have stayed longer though!

No comments:
Post a Comment