skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Busy Weekend
Whew, we had a busy weekend! Saturday Mark worked all day while I saw the trainer, did some things at my parents and took a long nap. We then met our friends Justin and Kim at their house for an outdoor BBQ. The steaks were yummy and their kids are adorable.
Sunday morning we had our first pre-marital counseling session at Prestonwood Baptist Church. There were lots of couples there of all ages. It was an interesting session about expectations where we heard all about the grim reality of being married (which made me sad because I am in happy-I-am-getting-married-to-the-man-I-love mode and didn't want to hear about how I would be sick of seeing this person at times). The strangest part of the whole morning took place when a couple at our table avoided answering the question of how they met three times. When the girl finally answered, she said, "let's just say we were introduced." What the heck does that mean? It was weird and uncomfortable for all at the table.
That afternoon, I had a shower while Mark began to move my things from my storag
e unit. Although I warned him multiple times that the storage unit was packed from floor to ceiling, he was still su
rprised about exactly how much stuff was in there. The shower was beautiful. It was hosted by lady friends of Mark's mother. She invited all her church friends. Everything was decorated beautifully and the food (especially the cake from Costco) was delicious! The people there were very generous and I left with lots of wonderful gifts from our Bed, Bath, and Beyond registry. The funniest part of the shower was that Mark's Mom and I were wearing very similar outfits and all the hostesses were in black and white.
It was a busy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment