Monday, February 23, 2009

Not So Famous French Fries


Mark and I have a pretty good system worked out when it comes to dinner - he cooks and I clean. I continue to practice my cooking skills though it usually ends in a disaster or semi-disaster so I have decided it is better to leave the cooking up to Mark. His food always tastes good.

Although I know that cooking is not my strong point, I thought I would surprise Mark with an all-American themed dinner: hamburgers, (oven) fries, and ice cream with blueberries (I had to eat a Weight Watcher ice cream bar). He had a long drive home from Houston yesterday so I thought he might enjoy this tasty treat.

I needed Mark's help with the burgers (meaning I needed him to make them) while I insisted on making my really great and really tasty oven baked fries. I have made these for myself before and loved them! Forty long-awaited minutes later the fries still looked the same as they did when they went in the oven. Mark's solution to this problem? Broil them. The picture in the pan is what remained after broiling....

We ate "Meghan's World Famous French Fries," as Mark called them, though it is safe to say I would not win any awards at the State Fair of Texas with this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment