Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Long Easter Weekend

I was a busy girl over my Easter holiday weekend. I had a 4 day weekend which is always a gift! One of the great perks of working for a school, that's for sure! I had a good mix of relaxation and work.

I had a massage, a facial, read a bunch of magazines, and finished my book. I also decided to tackle the grout in our house. I got this idea from a friend of mine who did hers. I thought you had to call a service to get this done, but nope, you can do it yourself (and for a lot cheaper too!!!).

Now, most people might think I am weird for admitting that we had dirty grout in our house, but after cleaning it, I would assume that most people have dirty grout in their house. Even the parts that appeared clean bubbled dirt! I was told to get Zap Grout Cleaner and it worked like a charm! I also got chemical strength gloves (the bottle said to) even though Mark laughed at me.Here is the bathroom with half before and half after....never will I put down white tile with white grout again!And the finished product in the kitchen - just like the day Mark put down the tile!The smell was VERY strong, it took a toothbrush in each grout crack to get it clean, and I went through plenty of rags for rinsing but I am beyond pleased with the final results. Just like new!

After that project, I tackled our kitchen sink with the stainless steal cleaner. Then, decided to make homemade chocolate chip cookies since Mark loves when I put a cookie in his packed lunch everyday. Every husband deserves a homemade cookie when his wife stays home from work, right?!?!?

Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time Mark arrived home Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment