
Our Dixie came home for the weekend and wow, did I have fun with her!!! I think I spent hours petting her and telling her what a great dog she is - I think it is safe to say, if she understands English, she is returning to her trainer with great confidence and assurance that her "Mom" loves her!
Dixie worked on retrieving with Mark, got to play with her neighbor friend Cali, and slept A LOT. She is so used to the outdoors now, she really wanted to sleep on the outside bench more than she did her bed.

Dixie and Cali played together Friday and Saturday night while we spent time with Doug and Becky. Here they are waiting to come inside. They love one another, so much so, that when Mark lost track of Dixie outside (it was dark), he looked down the street and she was headed to Cali's house. Guess she wanted to see if Cali could play! This is not the first time this has happened either. Cali ran away a few weeks ago and Becky found her at our doorstep. Guess we know where to locate our dogs when they are missing!

Overall, I had a WONDERFUL weekend with Mark (he was home all weekend since they are on a break from hunting) and Dixie. I have really missed having a dog around the house - that is for sure! I can't wait for Dixie to return to us in a few short weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment