
Mark and I decorated our house for Christmas. I was so excited to do this considering it is our first Christmas as a married couple and our first Christmas in our house! Mark bought an 8' tree from the guy on the corner by our house. It is a beautiful tree. We decorated it with his ornaments and my ornaments from childhood along with a few fillers we bought. Mark did all the lights. He is so good at putting together random things and making them look pretty. I look at it and think, "what should I do with all this stuff?" Thank goodness he is creative!
Here are pictures of our bits and pieces of Christmas!


Becky and I had our second craft night on Saturday evening. I made this Christmas wreath and Becky made an adorable Christmas dress for Charlotte. We always have fun these nights because our husbands walk down the street to watch football and guy shows at our house and Becky and I stay and watch girl
tv, talk, and craft at her house! Thanks to Mark's mom who gave me her Christmas odds and ends, I was able to put together a cute wreath. I am pleased with how my second wreath turned out! You can't tell from the picture, but there is a little bird and a horn buried in there...

I also decided to make a different Christmas cookie each weekend. I figured this would be a good way to try out new cookie recipes I have been collecting without overdoing it calorie wise. We do Secret Santa at work so I thought I would give my person a tin full of Christmas cookies on Monday. I decided to try Rocky Road Shortbread cookies. They look and taste fine but I will not be repeating this recipe. It took two attempts to get it right and they weren't worth the work. After burning the "Easy Toffee" in the oven and messing up the first batch of these cookies, I was not in the best mood Sunday afternoon. Here is the final result:

And, of course, Miss Dixie in front of our tree....

Merry Christmas to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment